By S.r. Dusty Rohde
If you were to ever take a college course on Statistical Analysis, one of the very first things a professor would note, is that statistics can easily be manipulated. The end results of the statistical analysis are only as good as the compiler’s integrity, intellect and motive.
In Kennedy Assassination research, Richard Charnin is one such statistical analyzer. One subject that Richard has analyzed is the number of unnatural deaths of witnesses connected to the assassination, and there is indeed an unusually high number. Over the years, I’ve seen Richard come under repeated personal attacks, primarily by Warren Commission supporters, Lone Assassin Theorists, Lone Nutters and what is termed “disinfo assets”. I’ve also learned over the years, that when an assassination witness or researcher is heavily attacked through character assassination, this is when you should really be paying attention, (though there are a few exceptions to this rule).
This article isn’t for the purpose of evaluating Mr. Charnin’s statistical skills on the unnatural death’s that have occurred. I would like to present a different perspective on these unnatural deaths.
First of all, if Lee Harvey Oswald was in fact the lone assassin, with no one helping him or conspiring with him, what possible motive could there be for murdering or silencing so much as… one… single… witness? This certainly wasn’t for Oswald’s benefit, as he himself was murdered two days after the President. I mean, if Oswald did it, and he’s guilty and now dead, who cares what witnesses might say? Yet, there is absolutely no question that these murders happened, and often. If Oswald was indeed guilty, why silence witnesses who could convict him? That makes no sense at all. So let’s have a look at some of the murdered witnesses and suspicious deaths.
1. Sam Giancana: Top organized crime figure, Chicago, Ill (1). Giancana worked with the CIA in attempts to kill Fidel Castro (2). Giancana was murdered, shot in the back of the head once, and shot five times in the mouth shortly after giving testimony in the House Select Committee on Assassination hearings (actually, around the same time G.H.W. Bush became CIA Director). (3)
2. Johnny Roselli: Top organized crime figure (4). Roselli worked closely with the CIA under William “Bill” Harvey to assassinate Fidel Castro (5). Roselli was murdered (one month prior to the formation of the HSCA) and shortly after giving testimony to the FBI. Roselli was shot, strangled, dismembered and stuff into a 55 gallon steel drum (6).
3. Eladio Del Valle: CIA asset who worked very closely with William David Ferrie (7)(8). Del Valle was murdered within 12 hours of David Ferrie’s suspicious death, who himself died suspiciously during the Jim Garrison trial of Clay Shaw. Del Valle was tortured, shot in the heart and his head split open with an axe, before he could testify (9).
4. William David Ferrie: CIA asset, pilot flying missions to South America (Guatemala, Cuba, etc) and who also flew to Guatamala for Carlos Marcello (New Orleans mob boss), (See below).
Some of Ferrie’s trial records on the JFK assassination were stolen by William Wood (aka Bill Boxely), former CIA agent who worked for Jim Garrison during the Shaw trial. Ferrie also flew Oswald (Hidell), and possibly Jack Ruby in his plane. David Ferries records collected by the Secret Service, FBI and other agencies remain sealed and have not been released as of this writing. Ferrie also worked for Carlos Marcello (Mob Boss) directly at the time of the JFK assassination. Guy Bannister, Jack S. Martin and Sergio Aracha Smith were also reported to be doing work for Marcello (New Orleans Mob Boss) through Marcello’s attorney G. Wray Gill. David Ferrie died under suspicious circumstances while under investigation during the Clay Shaw trial and just three days before his pending arrest (10).
5. Guy Bannister: Former FBI agent, creator-incorporator of the anti-Castro group known as “FDC” (11), whose members were vetted by the FBI and CIA and funded by the CIA (12). Bannister’s “FDC” group was to support the “FRD” group (Frente Revolutionario Democratico) which Sergio Aracha Smith belonged to (13). Bannister’s agency collected information on both, “pro” and “anti” Castro supporters to resell to Law Enforcement agencies. Bannister tied directly to William David Ferrie, Sergio Aracha Smith, Carlos Bringuier, and attorney G. Wray Gill. Bannister was a probable employer of Lee Harvey Oswald, (where Oswald is thought to be acting for an agency). Bannister would state to Bill Dalzell “cool it, he’s one of us”…in reference to L.H. Oswald. As such, Guy Bannister was ideally positioned as a “cut out” between the FBI, the CIA and Lee Harvey Oswald. Guy Bannister died under suspicious circumstances in June of 1964, upon Bannister’s death, his records vanished, not seen to date (14)(15). The IRS refused to release Oswald’s tax records during this time period, and eventually claimed to have destroyed them, in spite of the fact that it is standard procedure to retain individual tax records for 30 years.
6. Clay Shaw: Charged with Conspiracy to murder John F. Kennedy, suspected of being a CIA asset, many years later admitted to by CIA director Richard Helms (former Director of the CIA), suspicious death (15). Clay Shaw was directly involved with Guy Bannister, David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald. Shaw was the Director of the International Trade Mart in New Orleans, where CIA assets operated out of and had offices, many times free of rent. William George Gaudet, CIA asset, also had his office in the ITM. Antonia Veciana (CIA) was filmed coming out of the ITM. John F. Kennedy was on his way to the International Trade Mart (in Dallas) for a luncheon when he was assassinated.
7. George DeMohrenschildt: CIA asset, befriended Lee Harvey Oswald, death claimed a suicide (though this is regarded as highly suspect). George was in the process of writing a book related to the assassination and nearing completion. He was living overseas and returned to the USA to give testimony in the HSCA hearings and allegedly commits suicide (with a 12 gauge shotgun) within a couple of days of his time to testify. DeMohrenschildt had written letter to George H.W. Bush prior to his death, asking for his help with people following him, who George thought might be FBI agents (16). George H.W. Bush would become CIA director during the first year of the HSCA hearings, (appointed by Gerald Ford, whom many considered the CIA’s right hand man in the Warren Commission hearings) (17).
8. Winston M. Scott: CIA Station Chief in Mexico City (1956-1969), during the time Oswald was alleged to have visited the Cuban Embassy (18). Scott was writing a book related to the assassination and died two days before meeting with CIA director Richard Helms (to discuss the content of the book). The CIA seized all of Mr. Scott’s materials intended to be published, and also audio tape from Mexico City (19). Mr. Scott was station chief when the supposed photo of Oswald in Mexico and audio tape were sent to Hoover at the FBI.
These are not all of the people working for the CIA who died murdered or under suspicious circumstances (related to the assassination), but it is enough to make a point. When you look at these names and individuals listed, what jumps out at you? What are the common links? First of all….every single one of them was associated with the CIA. Secondly, every one of them could have exposed CIA connections either to the use of Mob members to assassinate Castro or the CIA’s deep involvement in the Anti-Castro Cuban groups. This was not well-known information at the time, and often times was difficult to confirm. With the release of the new documents by the CIA, many individuals previously suspected of being CIA or CIA assets has been soundly confirmed. Several of these people were also directly linked to Lee Harvey Oswald. What else? How about the regular pattern of records being “seized” or “disappearing” (Bannister’s, Ferrie’s…Scotts)?
But let me take a minute and compare by contrast, those CIA assets and CIA agents connected to the assassination who weren’t murdered.
1. Albert Osborne: CIA, Warren Commission key witness who claimed to have seen Lee Harvey Oswald on the bus in Mexico (20), (21).
2. William George Gaudet: CIA asset, free office space in the International Trade Mart, (Managing Director, Clay Shaw). Researchers discovered several years ago that George Gaudet’s visa application was turned in the same day that Lee H. Oswald was alleged to have applied for his passport. The number on Gaudet’s visa indicated that he was actually next in line behind Oswald when they turned in their applications. However, George Gaudet stated in an interview with Anthony Summers that he never saw Oswald that day in the Visa office. I for one believe him. I’ll explain why. You don’t actually have to go to the office in person to apply for a Visa or Passport, and is legal and pretty normal for a “third-party” to do this for you to save time (22). It is entirely possible, even probable that it was actually William George Gaudet (CIA) who turned in the Visa application of Lee H. Oswald’s. Also possible is the fact that Oswald may have been entirely unaware of this event.
3. Patricia Lambert (and brother Jack): Thought to be CIA (yet unconfirmed), a “Lambert” was listed as a passenger, along with “Hidell” and “Diaz” on a flight plan filed by David Ferrie as the pilot (See below). Patricia Lambert wrote the book “False Witness”, which is basically a book that is nothing but an all out character assassination of former New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison (23), (Also see below).
4. Carlos Bringuier: (DRE member, funded by CIA, and CIA connected). Essentially, all of the “anti-Castro” groups were funded by the CIA. In the newly released documents, there are a great many that go to great lengths detailing the expenses, pay format and naming a large number of individuals in the various groups actual monthly pay. Prior to joining the DRE, Carlos was involved with Sergio Aracha Smith and David Ferrie, both who were part of the anti-Castro group “FRD”, also funded by the CIA, (this relates to Guy Bannister’s office at the 544 Camp Street address and Baltar building). Carlos Bringuier would set up Lee Harvey Oswald, resulting in Oswald’s arrest in August of 1963. Then shortly after, Oswald’s interview by the WDSU where every attempt was made to label Oswald as a “Communist”, also deliberately set up by Bringuier and friends. Bringuier would then on the very day of the assassination…on 22 November, 1963…publish and article in the media, again labeling Oswald as a “Communist”. All of these actions were very intentional on Bringuier’s behalf, as he readily admitted. During the Jim Garrison trial of Clay Shaw, Garrison himself would file complaints against WDSU (also linked to the CIA), who he felt was intentionally attempting to derail his efforts. (See below)
5. Claire Booth Luce: CIA asset, …immediately after Carlos Bringuier published his propaganda to label Lee Harvey Oswald as “Communist”, Luce did a six page follow-up story to further expound on the same assertion of Oswald as a Communist in her husbands magazine.
6. Henry Luce: Owner of Time-Life: Purchased the Zapruder film and published the back yard photos of Lee Harvey Oswald. Husband of Claire Booth Luce (CIA). The Zapruder film would not be seen again immediately after the assassination until Jim Garrison forced the issue during the trial of Clay Shaw, in 1967.
7. George Herbert Walker Bush: CIA Director, …George Bush became Director of the CIA just prior to the formation of the HSCA. George Bush would receive a letter from George DeMohrenschildt requesting his help from people following him (shortly before his alleged suicide). This was a request rejected by G. Bush (.
8. Gerald Ford: Ford was a member of the Warren Commission and commonly thought of as being the CIA’s inside man (friend) on the Commission. Ford would also fall into disfavor among researchers, as he was identified as having “moved” the back wound on JFK’s body.
At first glance, one might say, well….all of these people had ties to Oswald…but they didn’t, not directly (though many did). No, what these individuals share in common is they helped to convince America in general that Lee Harvey Oswald was “Communist”, “The Lone Assassin” or who aided the CIA in portraying Oswald as the guilty party were, in most cases, rewarded. These are the individuals who came to the defense of the CIA or who worked in their favor. Two of them would be rewarded so highly as to become President of the United States. Clearly, Henry and Claire Luce Booth reaped a healthy financial bounty from sales of Time-Life magazine on the Oswald photo’s and stories. By studying the contrasts between those who were a potential threat to the CIA versus those who aided the CIA, the implications are clear enough. You talk, you die…you play the game, you get your “atta-boys” and maybe a little bonus along the way. Now, I can’t say the CIA was directly responsible for these individuals deaths, but if they weren’t, they have some very good friends, the kind that help you bury the bodies. The kind that help keep your dirty little secrets in the dark. But, was it really necessary to hang Oswald out to dry for something he didn’t do? Or was it just convenient?
- Giacana, organized crime. http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_Giancana
- Giacana, CIA. http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_Giancana
- Giancana, murdered. http://www.nationalcrimesyndicam/sam-giancana-death/te.com/
- Johnny Roselli, Organized crime. http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Roselli
- Johnny Roselli, CIA.
- Johnny Roselli, murdered. http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Roselli
- Eladio Del Valle: Working with Ferrie, http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKeladio.htm
- Eladio Del Valle-Ferrie: http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKmorrow.htm
- Eladio Del Valle: Murdered, http://cuban-exile.com/doc_051-075/doc0069a.htm
- William David Ferrie: http://22november1963.org.uk/jim-garrison-david-ferrie
- PatriciaLambert: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.assassination.jfk/By9eZi3mm38